National Institute of Standards and Technology has defined cloud as, “The provision of computational resources on demand via computer network. Cloud is a network of systems and services hosting application solutions and data in a topological architecture, affecting the capital and expenses for bulk resources in an organization. Cloud is on demand with its data centers available for public, private and hybrid Farms, following points will help any organization moving their infrastructure over Cloud.
As defined in the e-book “Enterprise Cloud Strategy” by Microsoft
- Cloud Migration Plan – A process to implement; starting from the less complex to the most complex systems and prioritizing the factors for business, physical attributes and the technical requirements for the movement.Visit Us! for Cloud Migration Products.
- Application migration to the cloud pattern:
- Analysis – Analyze the workload as our CloudAtlas® suit has defined in its “Discover & Assess” phase to: SaaS (replace), IaaS (relocate), PaaS (refactor / rebuild) to determine what type of workloads can be moved to IaaS environment for e-mail, VMs and storage? And analyze the workloads with CloudRecon®
- Application Migration – CloudRecon® tool create a version of workload with respect to modern service – oriented guidelines.
- Data migration – Moving database to Azure VM / Azure Document DB, comes under “Target and Migrate” phase of CloudAtlas® and managed by CloudPilot®
- Optimization and testing – Confirm the functionality of migrated application on Cloud.
- Operation and management – Measuring performance and monitoring , associated with Monitoring and Reporting phase of CloudAtlas® and managed by CloudSupervisor®
- Knowledge management – Managed by CloudOrigin® tool for cloud service settings and risk analyzing factors to be determined for application migration to the cloud.
- Enterprise model –Planning and modeling the Cloud strategy with consolidated application functions and to identify the reduction in compute, data and network requirements.
- Information vulnerability and risk management – Propose antimalware solutions for cloud- migrated applications, identity management, encryption of communication for on-premise and off-premises.
- Data Classification- Classification of data to low, medium and high business impact.
- Enterprise risk management – Control, remediate or monitor the risk factors based on severity and priority.
- Finance and operations – CFO and CIOs work together to analyze the “cost per operating system instance” (Cost/OSI) of on-premise application and required cost in cloud migration services.
- Human resources and skill improvement – High – value contributors with cloud-centric skills, to extract business values from large collections of resources and enhancing the capabilities of learning.
- Business units and DevOps – Consulting with the business leaders will set the path to success of your deliverables on time in the market. Devops play a major role in developing cloud centric applications and determining the future requirements for SaaS, IaaS and PaaS standards to be regularized with the system.