EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 9TH, 2016
UnifyCloud, LLC. (“UnifyCloud”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of individuals and entities and their respective information and data who register to use and otherwise purchase the right to access and use the Purchased Products (“Customers”, “you” or “your”). This Terms of Service Privacy Addendum (“Addendum”) describes UnifyCloud’s collection and use of data and information, including Your Data and your Personally Identifiable Information (defined below), collected from or provided by you via UnifyCloud’s website, including all associated webpages, at http://www.cloudatlasinc.com/ (collectively, the “Web Site”) or in connection with your use of or access to the Purchased Products. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning attributable to them in the Terms of Service. By agreeing to the Terms of Service or otherwise using or accessing the Products you hereby agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Addendum as well.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES UNIFYCLOUD COLLECT FROM ITS CUSTOMERS AND WHEN DOES IT DO SO?
UnifyCloud also collects certain Service Analyses for the reasons set forth in the Terms of Service, and may collect your Keys or other credentials, if provided by you to UnifyCloud.
Additionally, UnifyCloud may collect your Personally Identifiable Information when you:
- Submit a service request or a technical support question to an employee or agent of UnifyCloud; or
- Otherwise expressly provide UnifyCloud with your Personally Identifiable Information.
2. HOW DOES UNIFYCLOUD USE THE INFORMATION THAT IT COLLECTS?
In addition, UnifyCloud may use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your service requests or technical support questions;
- To verify that you are an Account holder or to provide you details about your Account and who are your Authorized Users;
- To provide you with personalized information about UnifyCloud.
3. WHAT WEB SITE NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION DOES UNIFYCLOUD COLLECT AND HOW IS THIS INFORMATION USED?
- Please note that if you disable your Web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to navigate the Company’s Web sites, but you will not be able to successfully use the Purchased Products
- Because required cookies are essential to operate the Company’s Web sites and the Services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies;
- Functionality cookies allow UnifyCloud’s Web Site to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Purchased Products after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. These cookies also help UnifyCloud understand how you use your Purchased Products; and
- UnifyCloud collects IP addresses from Customers when they log into the Purchased Products as part of its security features.
4. HOW DOES UNIFYCLOUD SHARE THE INFORMATION THAT IT COLLECTS?
6. CAN A CUSTOMER CHANGE HIS OR HER COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES?UnifyCloud offers Customers who provide contact information a means to choose how the UnifyCloud uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of UnifyCloud’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. HOW DOES UNIFYCLOUD PROTECT DATA AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CUSTOMERS, INCLUDING DATA ABOUT UNIFYCLOUD CUSTOMERS?UnifyCloud uses commercially reasonable measures to protect Your Data from unauthorized disclosure or from being obtained in an unauthorized manner. UnifyCloud uses a combination of firewall barriers, data encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect your Personal Information, Account Information and our system’s security measures to protect Your Data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of Your Data. These technologies help ensure that Your Data is safe, secure, and only available to the Customer to whom the information belongs and those to whom the Customer has granted access. UnifyCloud hosts its Web Site in a secure server environment that uses firewalls, access control and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their UnifyCloud usernames and passwords and other access credentials, as well as the access credentials of any Authorized Users. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored in servers can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while UnifyCloud strives to protect Your Data, UnifyCloud cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to UnifyCloud, and you do so at your own risk. UnifyCloud DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY for a breach of privacy as a result of your negligence.
8. CHANGES TO THIS ADDENDUMUnifyCloud reserves the right to change this Addendum. UnifyCloud will provide notification of the material changes to this Addendum through the Web Site at least thirty (30) business days prior to the change taking effect.
9. CONTACTING USQuestions regarding this Addendum or the information practices of UnifyCloud should be directed to UnifyCloud Privacy by sending an email to UnifyCloud at:email@example.com
10. MISCELLANEOUSYOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for UnifyCloud’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write UnifyCloud at:
8201 164th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052-7615
HIPAA AND HI-TECHUnifyCloud does not knowingly collect protected health information or medical information of a sensitive nature and its Web Site is not meant for transferring such information. In the event you share any protected health information or medical information of any person for any reason whatsoever, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO BE SOLELY LIABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS (INCLUDING ACTUAL ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS), DAMAGES, LOSSES, FEES, EXPENSES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, JUDGMENTS, AND/OR SETTLEMENTS INCURRED BY UNIFYCLOUD AS A RESULT OF YOUR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION. To the extent UnifyCloud determines that it has collected any protected health information or medical information of a sensitive nature, it will not maintain this information and will delete same.
CONFLICT OF TERMSTo the extent the terms or conditions of this Addendum conflict with the Terms of Service, the Terms of Service shall control.