Create an Azure Migrate project.
Download the setup File
Open Virtualization Appliance (.ova) format, and import it as a VM on your on-premises vCenter server.
Run the collector
Collect metadata includes VM information and performance data.
- Select Inventory scenarios, since MAP tool can be used to target different scenarios like SQL database consolidation, VM migration, Lync readiness check etc.
- Determine the discovery method
- Select an account that have administrative permission on the targeted servers, you can add more than one account.
- Prioritize the credentials of all the provided computers
- Enter computers and technologies, which are used to collect information
- Provide connection properties such as TCP/IP Port or encryption
Pushed the metadata
on Azure Migrate project, so you can view it in the Azure portal.
Run an assessment
for a group to view it on the portal, or download in Excel format.